Thursday, July 14, 2005

i wrote this on 7/14/05, i didn't think it was worth publishing then. Unedited and untitled.

i'm not gay but i'm not unhappy
a skunk came within ten feet of me today,
scared me badly to see one so close, when the light flicked on
and i closed the door behind me with some noise
and a beating heart

i walked back into my empty room and tried to get in tune with myself
before this veritable wealth of activity in my life overwhelms me
so far out in the sea of obligation, now i feel the currents are stronger than you could ever see
one must feel, and have confidence to test these waters
one must act without fear
judge without fear or delusion of intent

i must not lie to myself about what i want if i expect to get it

the skunk brought my mind around into a nice bow, and sowed
a few rows of ideas, and i know i have moral ideals
though flawed in a unique way my actions are spawned from positivity